Commercial Strata Insurance
Strata Community Insurance responds to market demand for its Commercial Strata policy
Our Commercial Strata Insurance product ensures you receive protection that is well beyond the minimum legislative requirements. With the broadest cover available in the market, Strata Community Insurance is focused on driving innovation and reducing complications for insurance brokers, strata managers and owners in Commercial Strata Schemes.
Strength of experience
We use the strength of our experience to focus on:
- Compliance with Strata and Community Title laws
- Risk transfer for owners corporations and their committee members
- Risk mitigation for insurance intermediaries
- Prompt reimbursement/restoration following loss
- Competitive terms and conditions
- Sharing knowledge and best practice for our insurance brokers, strata managers and owners in Commercial Strata Schemes.
The Strata Community Insurance Commercial Strata Insurance product has a number of new design features that are a first in the market, including but not limited to:
- Loss of Lot Market Value – essential for those schemes with rebuilding restrictions. For the first time ever, owners in such a scheme can buy insurance up to the full market value. Essential cover to keep liquidity in sales within the scheme, and to satisfy nervous financiers.
- Terrorism cover for buildings up to $100m sum insured, covering schemes for which protection against eligible terrorism losses is not available via the ARPC, lowering risk for insurance brokers, strata managers and owners and ensuring there are no gaps between defined ‘residential’ and ‘commercial’ cover.
- Fusion cover not limited to kilowatt output – up to $5000 in value. To take the complexity of fusion claims away from insurance brokers and strata managers, this benefit is designed with a monetary limit as opposed to kilowatt limit per item.
- Emergency accommodation for tenants in multiple-unit events – benefit available to tenants when more than one lot is affected and the building is unfit to be occupied as the result of an admitted claim.
- Liability section responding to strata managers’ defence costs, lowering risks for strata managers, owners and insurance brokers.
- Automatic reinstatement of Office Bearers limit – providing for reinstatement of the sum insured following a claim. Some other policies may not provide this reinstatement, leaving the Body Corporate without protection.
Contact your local Strata Community Insurance Team and ask them for more information on the Commercial Strata Insurance product, or for a competitive quote today.
Request a Quote
PDS & Policy Wording – Commercial Strata Insurance
To be read in conjunction with the PDS & Policy Wording.
|1st July 2017
For policies effective 1 July 2017 – 20 May 2019.
|21st May 2019
For policies effective 21 May 2019 – 20 September 2020.
|21st September 2020
For policies effective from 21 September 2020.
Changes in Terrorism Act